Taming Clutter in Simple Steps
If home or work spaces are feeling cluttered or disorganized, try these organizing tips to help clear clutter, get organized and create more space for what matters in life.
- Start small. Take 15 minutes per day to tackle a desk drawer.
- Sort papers into three stacks: to do, to read and to file.
- Create a landing zone for important items like keys, purse or wallet.
- Edit a wardrobe. Start by eliminating clothing that is infrequently worn.
- Plan outfits the night before and lay them out.
- Take time to make the bed every morning.
- Be realistic about wants versus needs.
- Be intentional about purchases.
- De-clutter stuff by knowing what is used, needed or loved.
- Remember that it's okay to let go.