How to Find the Right Energy Healer for You
- Get referrals from other health providers, such as massage therapists, chiropractors or holistic coaches. Keep in mind that even if they like someone, that person might not be a fit for you.
- Check out their websites. Different healers exude different qualities. Reading their testimonials can be helpful.
- Talk with the healer before making a decision to work with them. How do you feel when you talk to them? Trust your intuition. Most professional healers understand the importance of a good fit and will offer you a free conversation.
- Energy healing can be done remotely; the healer does not have to be in the same room with you for it to work. Would you prefer to work with someone in person or remotely? Ask the healer how they like to work.
- Ask about their background. How long have they been doing what they do? What training do they have? Certifications in various modalities can be helpful, but they aren’t necessarily an indicator of the best fit for you.
- Try to get a sense of whether the healer has done their inner work. How aware are they of their own feelings? Are they living reasonably functional lives or are they caught up in perpetual chaos? Do they work with anyone themselves? Most professional healers do.
- Try to work with one healer at a time, rather than bouncing among multiple healers. Working with too many people at once can be confusing.
The other articles in the Special Section: